Where do I begin? 🙂
Well, how about with “THIS POST IS FINALLY HERE”! If you follow along on Snapchat or Instagram stories you likely know how OBSESSED I am with my ice roller! Many of you have seen me using it on social media and asked what it was so here we go! This thing is like a spa in in your hand! I love me some good skincare tips like here, here and here but sometimes you want something super duper quick!
Let’s set the scene shall we? I am sure I am not the only one who wakes up in the morning with a super puffy face and sometimes (like yesterday) feeling like I was hit by a truck! Was I drinking the night before? Nope, I guess I am just getting older 🙁 Alas!
Enter the ice roller. This little doo-dad is similar to the jade-roller but has some different results and generally is just much colder to enhance the cold therapy for your skin. On top of that you feel so refreshed after rolling for just a couple minutes. I think we all can agree there is no amount of concealer that can hide puffy under eyes as you’re getting ready to tackle a Monday.
So I am talking some big game here, let’s chit-chat about the benefits.
ICE ROLLER BENEFITS
- Cold = shrinkage, which in this case we like 😛 I am talking shrinkage of pores! This makes em’ smaller so you can’t see them nor are they allowing so much gunk to get inside to cause breakouts!
- Lymphatic drainage! This is essentially drainage of the lymph nodes, particularly good after a surgery as it helps speed up cell generation. However it is also great if you’re just feeling sluggish, have been sick or are feeling on the downward spiral. It helps get rid of waste from the lymphatic system to reduce swelling and generally freshen up! This is the more medical way of saying, your face won’t look like a melon anymore!
- Another benefit from this cold skin therapy is a more even toned face and reduced irritation for acne prone areas. This means if you are getting a huge volcano look-a-like pimple on your forehead, this is going to help reduce the redness and puffiness of the area.
When to use it?
To be honest, I use my ice roller at least a couple mornings a week. I definitely ALWAYS make sure to use it after I wash my face; you don’t want to trap bacteria in your pores by shrinking them! Other times you could use it could be:
- After shaving or waxing to reduce redness and skin irritation
- Any time of day when your face feels puffy, you don’t have to only do it in the morning
- If you have a headache, this will sooth the pain due to the cold therapy properties
- If you have a sunburn, this can really reduce the irritation of the skin
Ultimately, I think there are a wide variety of times you can use an ice roller and it will definitely help!
I keep my ice roller in the freezer so that it is SUPER COLD! After I wash my face in the morning I will use the ice roller all over my face while I am waiting for the espresso machine to heat up 🙂 I try to mainly target under my eyes and my forehead. This is because I seem to always have puffy eyes in the morning and I am more prone to breakouts on my forehead more than anywhere else on my face.
The other best part?
These ice roller pieces of magic are super cheap! When I was first in the market to get one I was a little concerned that I would be shelling out big bucks, but they’re extremely affordable, especially considering the benefits 🙂
Okay, so are you convinced yet that you need some cold therapy for your face? Ready to get some even toned skin and lymphatic drainage? I imagine no one out there is thinking ‘no’ haha, we all want those things. Let me know your thoughts, is this something that you will implement into your daily routine? If you have an ice roller, what is your favorite time to use it or if you are a brand new ice roller enthusiast let me know any questions you might have in the comments below!
Get your ICE ROLLER