Hello! It has been a whirlwind the past few days, my goodness! If you guys follow me on social media then you know that we have been traveling! First Vancouver- for a wedding, then stopped over in Mexico City, and now we are finally arrived in Cabo San Lucas! You know we love to use our layovers to the best of our ability so we did that again; post to come soon on Mexico City and Los Cabos; but first let’s talk about why I love weddings!!!!
Why I love Weddings
Last summer was pretty crazy with weddings for us, we had four to attend in a matter of months. Weddings can get a little insane and not only for the bride! There is so much to think about in terms of outfit selections (for all events involved; pre-wedding, wedding, post-wedding, brunch or dinner the next day) but I really do have to say that I love attending weddings 🙂 Here are my top reasons why; can you relate?
- I love having an excuse to dress up! If you know me at all, you know I LOVE LOVE LOVE to dress up. Yes, I am like the next person who also enjoys sitting at home in some comfy yoga pants and an oversized sweater but let’s be real here, there are not enough occasions in the year where one can get decked out and have somewhere to be! Of course there are always good things to keep in mind such as don’t wear white and don’t upstage the bride (OBVIOUSLY) but you can still get creative! The couple wants you to look amazing – after all you will be in their photos. [spacer height=”20px”]This year I really enjoyed repurposing a few different things I had in my closet. I had cut my hair since I last wore this dress (which totally changed the look) as well as paired it with different heels and clutch than I did the last time – the result: a completely new chic outfit for a beautiful occasion![spacer height=”20px”]
- Get to share in some fantastic memories with the new couple If you are invited by the bride and groom to be a part of their special day – you better get your butt over there! They want you to be a part of their first memories as husband and wife; really you should be flattered to be there 🙂 I love this because weddings are so happy! Everyone is laughing and crying with joy. Much of the time you end up making new friends at the wedding and at very least have an excuse to dust off your dancing shoes ;)[spacer height=”20px”]
- Excuse to re-connect with family and friends This is HUGE! I don’t know about you, but as I get older it becomes harder and harder to see extended family and friends. Everyone has their own schedules, families and commitments; essentially gone are the days that mom & dad scooped you up to go see your cousins at the family reunion. So treat this as an opportunity to re-connect with people and catch up! Adding to this thought, weddings are one of the few times people will travel from super far to be a part of the celebrations (continuing this thought below 😉 ). So you might see people you haven’t seen in years due to distance; TAKE ADVANTAGE!!!!! <3[spacer height=”20px”]
- Photo opps! This is a little selfish but stay with me here 😛 Let’s set the scene, the bride (as she likely made all the décor choices) has created a drop dead gorgeous environment complete with table toppers, flowers and sparkly trim as far as you can see. . . you have also dressed to the nines, pulled out your “save for a special occasion” attire . . .you also have your camera(s) ready to snap all the adorable bisous that the couples share each time the glasses are clinked. . . HELLO – TAKE SOME GORGEOUS PICS OF YOUR OUTFIT OR WITH YOUR FRIENDS, SIBLINGS, BOYFRIEND, FINANCÉE, HUSBAND ETC Sorry to startle you with CAPS but seriously, everyone and everything as far as the eye can see looks fabulous, what a great backdrop!? Again, seems to be the theme of this post but take advantage of this :)<3[spacer height=”20px”]
- Excuse to travel! Haha, you must have known this one was coming right? This can go local, national or even international! Unfortunately, there are times when its just too tight for whatever reason that you really cannot go; but for the other times ENJOY! Sometimes it will be to places you’ve already been and sometimes to new places, but it always gives you the chance to explore or tack on a lil’ extra time (which is why we are in Cabo right now !!!). Even last summer, we went to Vancouver for a wedding, and stayed downtown. We really got to enjoy the city centre. This time around we were in a different neighbourhood and saw all new things! Depending on your timeframe, pick one or two things in the area that you’re staying and check them out. You will likely surprise yourself as to how fun it is. Much of the time we don’t let ourselves calm down at home so at the very least, sleep in and enjoy a coffee in bed 🙂
I feel like this only scratches the surface as to why I love weddings but these are the top five things that came to mind 🙂 Do you like weddings? I would love to know your tips and tricks on making the most of attending weddings! Reach out on social media (Snapchat, Instagram or Twitter) !!!
Happy Tuseday 😉