New clothes now or after I lose weight?
Hello lovlies! I hope you are doing well this fine day in autumn! I was chatting with a close friend the other day; she is packing and prepping for an amazing globetrotter experience and like the best of us, wants to buy a couple things in advance of leaving (who doesn’t want new clothes before heading to Europe!?). Anyway, she brought up the dilemma of wanting a new classic pair of pants that she has had her eye on for awhile. Now comes the question:
“do I buy new clothes now or after I lose weight?”
I am fairly certain MOST people reading this would agree that they have asked this either out loud or in their head before. (am I right or am I right? 😉 ) I know I have definitely been there before in this experience, gone through the struggles of, “oh well if I buy them now, they won’t fit properly when I lose weight,” or “I will look and feel so much better in these pants if I lose <insert magic number here> before buying”. I hope all of you read those in extremely annoying voices haha, as these comments are useless!
How I see it, there are a few reasons why the question of new clothes now or after I lose weight is silly and actually makes it worse if we do wait!
You are obviously already not feeling 100% about your body image already, why not get the pants (or whatever clothing your thinking about) now and actually feel good? I know when I went through this, after I bought the pants, I actually felt MUCH better, calmed down, and lost a couple lbs. without trying because I wasn’t stressing!
Do I buy new clothes now or after I lose weight? 3 reasons to buy now!
- These are not the last pants you will ever buy again! Why torture yourself in the wait? Live now, enjoy now, #YOLO (I think that is self explanatory)
- To debunk the myth of “these won’t fit after I lose weight”, there are a couple things to keep in mind.
- A few LBS. won’t DRASTICALLY change how the pants (or other clothing) fits you. Yes, it will change a little, but not so much that you can’t get them now.
- There is always tailoring for clothing if you need to alter it. Actually a tailor should be one of your best friends; I wrote about this! 🙂
- If you are losing more than 5 lbs. it takes time, you may want to consider buying clothes during your weight loss and even use this as a strategy to keep yourself motivated 🙂
What are your gut feelings on this? I know my friend asked her brother and frankly, I feel like guys feel different about this subject than women do (how shocking 😛 ). All in all, I am not suggesting you go out and buy $1000 jeans every time you turn around, I just think that if you’re thinking about only doing things, or “living your life” when you finally; lose weight, find a boyfriend, get married, have a baby, buy a house, grow your bangs, find your dream job and the list goes on. . . then you WILL spend your whole life waiting for things to happen until you do what ever is holding you back.
. . .Speaking of pants; I am LOVING these ones above for a new fall wardrobe 🙂 All photos in post from @mikutas she is a style muse 🙂
Happy shopping <3